Agent Missing Chat Notifications
Internet Explorer Tabs
If an agent is on a different tab in IE when a customer chat is received, the Outlook-style notification will not appear in the bottom-right corner near the clock. This is a limitation of Internet Explorer; the only available workaround is to disable tabbed browsing.
Internet Explorer Security Settings
Incorrect agent browser settings are the most common cause for agent console notification problems. For example, assume IT has a startup script on every agent PC that disables the settings:
- "Allow script-initiated windows without size or position constraints"
- "Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting"
- "Allow status bar updates via script"
- The agent is ready and receives a customer chat.
- The agent is "busy" in another application that is covering the agent console, and does not know a customer has been connected.
- When the agent finally returns to the agent console, the customer chat has been waiting for his response.
Configuring the browser settings correctly (and closing/reopening the browser window) will properly display the notification for new chats.